WE SPECIALISE IN HIGHLY TECHNICAL PLASTIC INJECTION MOULDINGS UP TO 2.5KG IN ALL THERMOPLASTICS AND FINISHES
The process of plastic injection moulding is fast, and creates light-weight product with high precision and repeatability, regardless of the complexity of the design. Often, parts cannot be made by any other means. Our state-of-the-art Engel and Arburg machines melt a complete range of thermoplastic pellets and inject them into high precision custom moulds very accurately to produce high quality, consistent injection mouldings, to very close tolerances every time in small or large quantities. We can make new, cost-efficient moulds for new injection mouldings for you or transfer your existing moulds to us for a flexible, responsive and reliable production service.
Fern has a proud history of over 60 years in the industry and a great reputation for innovation and problem-solving. We specialise in technically challenging plastic injection moulding with specifications for being leak-free and pressure-tight, with close dimensional tolerances and excellent surface finish; mouldings with screw threads, snap-features and active hinges; fire retardant mouldings and transparent mouldings or lenses with perfect clarity.
Fern provides a one-stop-shop with valued added services to complete your parts with chrome, paint or printed finishes; welding, assembly and testing; delivered Just In Time. Our attention to detail in project management and new product introduction with APQP to IATF 16949 standard ensures your injection mouldings will be right first time and on-time.
FERN PLASTIC INJECTION MOULDINGS BENEFITS FROM:
- Modern Arburg and Engel injection moulding machines
- Microprocessor control systems
- 25 to 600 Tonne Lock / Up to 2.5kg shot-weight
- Tiebar-less for flexibility and cost effectiveness
- 6-axis robots for consistent cycling, improving productivity and quality
- Insert-moulding / over-moulding to include 2 or more materials
- Gas Injection moulding to improve aesthetics and reduce material content in thick sections
- Process Control and SPC to maintain close tolerances
- 24 hours production on 3 shifts for a fast response and short lead-times
- Fully integrated production/management computer system to ensure traceability
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
At Fern, everything starts with Plastic Injection Mouldings, but our service doesn’t stop there. We understand the need for a comprehensive service that will elevate your plastic mouldings to the next level so Fern provides a single-source solution including value-added extras. From printing and laser marking, welding and drilling, chrome-plating, painting and beyond, your plastic mouldings receive our care and attention to take them to a superior quality while keeping our unit rates competitive and you supply chain lead-times more manageable:
At Fern Plastics, we work cohesively to ensure the customer requirements are clearly understood and satisfied. Through working collaboratively from inception through to completion of the client’s plastic injection moulds, we consistently manufacture high-quality injection moulds with accuracy, fast lead times and low unit costs. You are assigned a project manager to overlook and coordinate your project from the outset.
Your project manager will come to understand the requirements, demands and uses of your plastic injection moulds. This information will then be conveyed to our design and production teams to ensure the most effective product is produced.
- Fully trained, qualified and experienced technical staff
- DFMEA and APQP to full PPAP
- CAD design with mould flow analysis to assist with product and mould tool design
- Prototyping through partners in UK and Internationally
- Fully-equipped in-house tool-room for manufacture, modification and repair of mould tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges
- CAD-CAM for improved tool-making accuracy and reduced lead times
- Long-standing reliable relationships with low cost economy toolmakers