Pad Printing For Injection Molded Parts
The value-added services of Fern Plastics include pad printing, a very effective form of printing onto injection moulded parts. Our pad printing services, also known as tampography, allow you to place coloured 2D images and lettering onto 3D surfaces. As leading plastic injection moulders, we recommend utilising this quick and affordable service to give you the opportunity to enhance your plastic products with logos, brand names, instructional information and other details.
What Is Injection Mold Pad Printing?
Pad printing is an extremely versatile form of injection moulding printing that is ideal for printing onto concave, convex and curved surfaces as well as recessed surfaces. Also known as tampo printing, the process uses a flexible silicone pad that is able to make full contact with irregularly shaped surfaces to produce a consistent, high-quality printing result.
Pad printing is very well-suited to high-specification moulded parts as the results have a high resolution with defined outlines making this process useful for applications in a wide range of industries. The inks used in the pad printing process are long-lasting and highly resistant to chemicals and mechanical wear and tear. Pad printing services offer customisation options as colours can be matched to suit branding specifications and other colour requirements. At Fern Plastics, the state-of-the-art tampo printers can utilise up to 5 colours in one process for a high-quality detailed result.
Benefits of Pad Printing for Injection Molding
There are many reasons to use pad printing for your injection moulding projects. Many customers use our services for the flexibility of the printing process while others enjoy the time-saving capabilities and cost-effectiveness of pad printing. Unlike other forms of printing that require flat surfaces to produce good results, the pad printing process yields consistent results on all types of surfaces making it ideal for prototyping and high-volume parts.
Key Benefits of Pad Printing for Injection Molding
- Pad printing is suitable for transferring images, graphics or text with fine detail onto irregular and uneven surfaces and 3D shapes
- The process precisely generates repeatable results making tampo printing ideally suited to long-run production
- Pad printing is cost-effective for printing high-volumes
- It is the ideal solution for high-quality, detailed printing on small surface areas
- Pad printing allows you to enable fast printing on challenging substrates or complicated designs
- Highly versatile pad printing gives you the freedom to print on almost any surface
- Pad printing inks are highly durable and are etched into plastic for long-lasting results
- Pad printing provides customers with options for customisation as designs can easily incorporate multiple colours and intricate details
Key Applications of Injection Mold Pad Printing
A wide variety of industries find the versatility of pad printing beneficial making it a highly used method of printing graphics and texts onto moulded parts. From the automotive industry to the medical sector, pad printing has a broad range of uses in many applications. Some of these applications include:
- Keys on computer keyboards, calculators and keypads
- TV and computer monitors
- Caps and closures for beverage bottles
- Serial numbers and codes and identification labels on electrical appliances
- Automotive parts
- Medical devices like syringes or monitoring devices and also used to print dosage information onto capsules and coated tables
- Large household appliances
- Sporting equipment
- Food and drink packaging
Fern Plastics provide premium pad printing services that are fast, efficient and cost-effective. With our injection mold printing services and all other value-added services under the same roof, we are able to create injection moulded parts of superior quality with a fast turnaround time. If you’d like to know more about our pad printing services, contact our team of professionals online or call us on 01902 906873.